Jump to RecipeJump to VideoPrint Recipe
vegetable barley soup
Soup is simple, hearty, and an easy way to get extra vegetables into your day. Also, if you're looking for a satisfying and healthy snack or a recipe for supper, this Barley Vegetable Soup recipe is a great choice. Now, Enjoy your favourite winter soup, with the slightly nutty, earthy flavours.Print RecipePin Recipe Prep Time 1 hr Course Soup Servings 1 bowlCalories 50 kcal
- 3/4 cup Pearl Barley (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup Mixed Veggies
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 5 cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Soak some pearl barley into a bowl of water for around 30 minutes.
- Tune on the stove and put a big pot over medium heat
- Heat the oil. Sauté the ginger and garlic until fragrant.
- Add the onion and saute for a minute or two.
- Add the roughly chopped vegetables and saute for another minute.
- Once, the vegetables are sauteed, pour in some vegetable broth
- Bring to a boil and add salt & pepper, as per your taste.
- Now, add the barley and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the barley is soft.
- Next, add in the lemon juice for the tanginess.
- Garnish with coriander and serve warm for a hearty cup of barley soup!
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by HealthifyMe (@healthifyme)
Keyword barley, soup, vegetable